Home‎ > ‎


Flower Mound Code Violations
  • High grass and Weeds- Grass may not exceed 12 inches (Section 34-32 of the Town’s Code of Ordinances)
  • Trash and Debris- Do not store trash and debris on your property. 
  • Section 34-71. Dumping, stagnant water, trash, and other unsightly or 
  • unsanitary matter declared a nuisance.  
  • It is unlawful and declared a nuisance for any person owning, claiming, 
  • occupying or having supervision or control of any real property, occupied or 
  • unoccupied, within the corporate limits of the town, to permit or allow any 
  • stagnant or unwholesome water, refuse, rubbish, trash, debris, filth, carrion, junk, 
  • garbage, impure or unwholesome matter of any kind or other objectionable or 
  • unsightly matter of whatever kind to remain upon any such real property or within 
  • any public easement on or across such real property or upon any adjacent public 
  • street or alley right-of-way between the property line of such real property and 
  • where the paved surface of the street or alley begins.
  • Junk Vehicles- Junk vehicles that are visible from a public right-of-way are 
  • declared to be a public nuisance.  
  • Junked vehicle means a vehicle that is self-propelled and:
  • (1) Does not have lawfully attached to it an unexpired license plate or a valid 
  • motor vehicle inspection certificate; and
    (2) Is wrecked, dismantled or partially dismantled, or discarded; or
    (3) Is inoperable and has remained inoperable for more than 72 consecutive hours, if the vehicle is on public property, or 30 consecutive days, if the vehicle is on private property.  (Section 34-242)

  • Right of Way obstructions- Do not obstruct the public right-of-way and do not park over sidewalks, or allow your trees to grow lower than 8 feet over the sidewalk or lower than 14 feet over the street. (Section 34-51; 66-174)
  • Stagnant Water- Stagnant water is not allowed on your property. Swimming pools that hold stagnant water are a violation. Empty potted planters, toys, and other objects that can hold water (Section 34-71)
  • Property Maintenance- Properties must be maintained. Fences must be in good repair and homes must be sealed from the elements (Section 14-513)
  • Work without permits- Many projects require permits. Some of the projects where permits are required include: 
    • Commercial and residential -- new construction, interior remodels, additions, alterations and repairs.
    • Plumbing, electrical, mechanical and construction of interior walls greater than 5 feet 10 inches in height. 
    • Construction of retaining walls over 4 feet in height. 
    • Certificates of Occupancy (any time the occupant of a building or space changes). 
    • Swimming pools, spas, hot tubs, accessory buildings, lawn irrigation systems, decks and patio covers. 
    • Temporary uses and structures such as tents, Christmas tree lots and snow cone stands. 
    • Driveway and sidewalk installations, fences and walls. 
    • Demolition of structures.Obtain necessary permits when doing any kind of electrical, plumbing, structure building or repairs. Also obtain necessary permits to build and repair fences if post are new or being changed out.
  • Parking on Grass- Vehicles must be parked on approved concrete or asphalt surfaces or other accepted surfaces as approved by the Town. (Section 66-174)
  • Illegal Dumping- Dumping is prohibited. This includes grass clippings and pet waste. (Section 34-73)
  • Signs in the Right of Way- Garage, yard, estate sale, open house signs and any other sign not approved by the Town are not allowed in the Right of Way. (Section 86-102)
  • Trash Containers - please make sure that your trash containers are out of sight after the trash as been picked up that day. (Click here for Trash Guidelines)
Glenn Olson,
Jan 27, 2014, 7:49 AM